Saturday, July 5, 2008

Around the World in 32 Days: A Baker's Dozen Special (Introduction)

Raph-locator: currently in Barcelona.

To prepare for the onslaught of "how-waz-its?!" from everyone back home and to really justify my wtf-woah-really good-times on a four week leave from Sydney (3 for play, 1 for work) and to somehow give context to over 3,800 photos I have somehow managed to take in just four cities in 2 weeks (8 more to go - and yes I am snap-happy) - I'm going to attempt to give order to a random list of the best of everything I love/adore/amor from this trip.

Alas, without a proper moment to fully absorb each city on my mammoth trip in situ as I move from one to the other at a hyper-pace of packing and unpacking then studying the next city in transit (I only prepare HOW to get from airport to hotel and figure the rest out - sightseeing, food, etc as I go along - smart right? ha! thankfully I have guides for each one), and with no solid internet connection - I've resolved to take a baker's dozen of the best random things I love from each one. Call it post-partum appreciation.

So why a baker's dozen? Just because. I love the concept of lists, and trying to find order and themes and whatever. Also, it's the number of people in the Last Supper which would really be an allusion to the unexpected deep dive in to Christianity I've encountered on this trip. But before you say your 'Amen's, while most everything in this trip was wholesome, not all of it is holy (so you'll have to keep coming back

I'll start randomly, although it is the one I did just leave behind, Paris.

No comments: