Friday, June 27, 2008

Who Knew?

The Irish country side rendered me speechless - this country really is beautiful. And contrary to the greenery we are fed in postcards and ads (see left) - I got to see the Irish coastlines and beaches, more of it than you can imagine. And damn are these beaches pretty, all they need is the sunshine (it's ok I'm talking about the weather, EVERYONE here does). Pristine sands, rolling clouds and sheep - everywhere.





Here's what I got to witness when we went down to Maghera Strand. Apparently vikings came through here in 702 (!) my god the history in these rocks and sands. The dunes went for 16 kms, there were caves to explore but high tide and the lack of will saw us stuck in the sand...

And as if we hadn't had enough of jumping (there were more - check them here) - I thought I'd try my hands on the ground, upside down... this, to more than anyone, was a shock to me. Who knew I could hand stand?

No comments: