Wednesday, September 3, 2008

03.09.08 - Ken's At Kensington



Two doors down from Peter's of Kensington is the discreet Ken's At Kensington.

But let me say it now: I did not go in. (It's a gay bathhouse.)

In fact, I just passed it on the way home from my accountant on a sick day that found me cabbing it for comfort food at Ayam Goreng 99 in Kingsford. My timing was off and instead of the no-nonsense public transport I came to expect (sarcasm, please), the nearby girls schools unleashed giddy, screaming pre-pubescent young lasses volleying for a bus position on their respective ways home to gab about their schoolyard crushes while listening to the Jonas Brothers (because Joe is SOOO hawt! OMG!). So I walked instead, and as if leading me directly away from the Inner East's Sodom (so I hear) - the bus stop closest to it was going my way and had space for just another.

Needless to say I know where it is now, in case I ever - I hope I never - have to get there.

No comments: