Sunday, September 14, 2008

14.09.08 - Kitchen Confidential



I find solace in a warm kitchen. This is the way it's always been - it explains why I was a chubby kid, but also the reason why when I need to pour any creativity out of my system - the spatula comes out and I bake. I think of my sis when I bake, if not her - my nanny who taught me how to stir fry when I was 9 and makes a mean roast ginger chicken.

Actually, it's a winter revival - how wonderful that the seasons drive a hobby. In the summer our default activity is "beach". I think in the winter, while we pile on the pounds - the chef inside peek-a-boos a little.

This is my "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" Cookies - a recipe modified from this one. Except I swapped out toffee for pecans (too sweet otherwise), and then dissed cherries for cranberries, since I can't find them here.

Here's what they look like.

2 comments:

Rab said...

My mouth is watering. I haven't tackled your banana bread yet, saving that for this weekend...

Anonymous said...

oh! *dies* i was just thinking of these the other day! i want some!