Thursday, September 11, 2008

11.09.08 - Message in a Coffee Cup



A smile begets a smile, simple right? More than hearts or leaves, my emoticoffeecon was weirdly work-related. Thanks to the barista I rarely see because she works weird shifts, she added some happy to my froth, perfect I suppose for a mid-afternoon slump. By far, she is the hottest momma to have poured me a cup. She's Latina, got a killer afro sheen, rack and booty. And yo she's not afraid to work it.

I want to hag her so bad.

I have a bizarre infatuation for my baristas, my morning guy George is full of Greek-cool. He's married with two kids, but man I think he's fine. Another dude who recently left Sydney, had huge blue eyes, blonde and had that surfer careless machismo you just want to take him home and shower in milk. Ow, what was I saying?

Oh yeah. I think more than anything it's the anticipation, the need for your fix and the Pavlovian association of the medium serving your vice. I imagine it's the same for any other addiction, I wonder if smokers ever have crushes on their tabaqueiros.

The Hit: (Download) (You Caught Me) Smilin' - Sly and the Family Stone

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm. your obsession with people that serve you is a bit... weird.

Bronnie said...

hehe nice!!! i wish i had the skill of the foam!

your barista sounds gorgeous!! my local cafe has a guy who looks like he came straight out of clown college. too many brights & patterns for one man.
time for a new cafe i think....

Rab said...

Ha ha I'm with Christina on that one - don't do the help, dude.

I've stopped drinking coffee because there's nowhere nearby that does a decent (strong) latte. Gotta find a new vice.

riffraph said...

to be fair, my real type is white-collar. Clean and fresh and crisp shirt with some nerd-chic and a killer bod underneath.

my infatuation extends to the oddest circumstances.

and oh - who doesn't drink coffee? how can you survive!