Wednesday, September 10, 2008

10.09.08 - Ah-Choo



Thank you faux-spring, you've fooled me once again. Around this time every year when the temperatures move a little higher up the teens, we don our gay apparel by shedding fleece layers and leather jackets in exchange for skimpy cotton and linen outfits still unripe for the season. You're a true Sydney-sider when you brave the beach even if the chill wind of winter still blows.

"It's crisp", a friend said - heading to dinner in just a t-shirt. As much as winter weight keeps us warm in this transition period, our blubber doesn't work like other animals - bears in particular. He got sick the next day, fool.

As for me, a wind breaker clearly didn't keep me as warm as it should have ("It's from Uniqlo", I reasoned, "no one else has it here!"). I wanted so much to celebrate Spring fashion (Fashion Week in NY and "30 days of fashion" in Sydney) in brighter, lighter gear it all back fired when hay fever and a bad cold struck me down causing self-pity, puffy eyes and multiple layers of thick clothes, just when more faux-Spring weather came around - I didn't even dress this warm in winter. Urgh. I feel like a marshmallow man.

The Hit: (Listen): Night Fever - The Bee Gees

No comments: